Thursday, April 17, 2008

This moonlight thing is beginning to grow lame

This blog entry is being assembled as I'm doing my 24-hour duty at a small private hospital here in QC. Even though I'm getting a little (minuscule) hospital experience here, it's starting to get old for me. Aside from the nurses, and the occasional consultant MDs who do rounds on their patients, it's me all the way with no one to talk to and the loneliness is killing me. I never thought I'd be saying this, but being benign* sucks. However, I'm guessing I'd feel sucky too if it were toxic** and I was still alone. The obvious conclusion here, dear friends, is that I hate doing single duty. I'm not used to this after spending the majority of my hospital duties with my clerk and intern blockmates in good old PGH. Even in rotations where there was only me as the duty intern, I knew I could always just skip over to the next ward and chat with another intern. Here? Wala. As in.

The consuelo de bobo in my duties here in the hospital:

  1. DSL internet - Yay! I can post blog entries, and whine about my crappy duty and life.
  2. Airconditioned quarters. - Excuse me, it's called a "callroom", not "quarters". (I'm still using PGH terms, God help me.)
  3. Banyo - enough said.
  4. Free lunch and dinner - Small servings, pero puwede na.
Well, that's it's for now, the duty nurse just called and just asked a question I don't know the answer too. Research muna ako.

Glossary:
* benign - walang ginagawa, konti patients, o walang kailangan gawin para sa patients. Suwerte ka, yahoo!
** toxic - madami trabaho, madami patients, paperworks, procedures. Tae ka, malas mo. Lol.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ha! if you took your time off today you'll enjoy sitting here with me at gateways's figaro. it a sunny windy day :) a good day to rest.

docabe said...

Rejoice!The airconditioned callroom and Internet is a step up from our intern days!O-kaaay, so IM and Surg PGH callrooms has functioning aircons.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!