Monday, September 24, 2007

The week of the crap interview and b*llshit exam.

September 23, 2007

Lest you think that I practically spent the whole week just eating rich food and lying around at home, let me clarify that I did have an eventful week. I had clinic days and was called for an interview at Veteran's Memorial Medical Center. The entrance exam for NKTI was also last Saturday.

The interview at VMMC was, in my opinion, okay except for when they screwed us all in the ass by giving us an oral exam. Each of the interviewees was given a clinical case to discuss with the interview panel. I'm not going to tell you what my case was because I'd really rather not think about it anymore. (Sobs in the corner.)

Last Saturday was the entrance exam for the residency program of NKTI. While I did browse through my Harrison's I have to admit that I didn't study for it since I was trying to finish my Microbiology for USMLE.
...
Okay, fine! I was also lazy! Ahhh, Constant Reader, you know me so well. F*ck you.

At NKTI, I met a batchmate of mine from UPCM and some people who were my clerks at PGH. They were all taking the same test I was. Holy crap! Madami na kami na UP grads applying for only FIVE slots sa IM Department! (Nakanampucha naman mehn!) Then there were about 60 to 70 others applying and taking the exam that day. I had a really bad feeling about my chances and I'm no longer hoping for it.

As for the exam, the only thing I can say about it is, "tawa na lang ako."
I then went home and sulked for the whole day and only went out when I was weak from hunger.

Wow, two ass reamings in a week! No wonder I overate.

No comments: