Monday, September 24, 2007

The Week of Overeating

September 23, 2007

My mother is currently visiting my brother and his wife in Hong Kong, leaving me and my cousin to fend for ourselves. What this basically means, since we were both fully functioning adults, is that we were left to our own devices when it came to our meals. I don't know what my cousin ate but I soon found myself, after a few meals, in a bit of a pickle.

The fundamental problem I had was basically I could only barely afford to feed myself. To solve this, I made out a budget and told myself I was going to stick to it. I woke up late everyday so I didn't have to eat breakfast. What I had almost everyday was brunch, which according to Timmy Turner's dad in the cartoon Fairly Oddparents is "better than lunch!" I planned to stick to the standards, Jollibee, McDonald's and KFC and probably something like Chicken Bacolod or a pizza. The purpose of eating out was also so I didn't have to wash dishes or put out the garbage.

By the end of the 2nd day, I was sick at the thought of fastfood. So I shifted to foodcourt stuff which was only marginally better and more expensive since I ate at the foodcourt in Gateway Mall. My budget was in shambles soon enough because of this. I also found myself eating more than what I normally eat (an understatement), having extra rice for one thing and some dessert, which I normally never have. Having to get dressed every few hours to walk to the mall soon wore me down. Kakatamad!

By the end of the 5th day (last Friday), I was a bit eager for my mother to come home. However, I did not want to worry her too much since I knew she was enjoying her stay abroad so I just shut up about how I was eating when we talked over YM.

Tomorrow, I pick her up at the airport so my week of hellish (not really) overeating is finally over.

Conclusions:

1. If ever end up living alone, I need to hire a cook. Someone who knows how to cook healthful meals. Otherwise, I predict I'll be dead by 40.

2. My eating habits since med school have changed. I can no longer tolerate non-home cooked meals for very long. Nakakasawa ang food court at fastfood.

3. I am a spoiled brat and will probably be hanging around my mother's house even when she and Dad are old and retired.

4. I'm obsessed with food. I even write about it in my blog. Huhuhuhuhuh!!!


No comments: